Sunday, May 29, 2011

Importance of education

Education learning is one of the most imporant processes in today's society. Today's youth are tomorrow's teachers. In the "banking method" or education by memorization, the student's are not being taught, they are only expected to memorize the material, which is not actually a learning process. Although there a lot of misconceptions to the "Banking method". I think that there are also a lot of ggod to this method as well.
                                                     I think that the teacher's job is to fill the students with their knowledge, but I don't think this is the only job of the teacher. The reacher also needs to present the material in a way that is intresting to the students. The teachers should not only give the information and materials in a way that, that, will make them remember in even after they take the test. My English teacher in grade school use the "banking concepts" method of teaching and all we ever did in her class was take notes and then study the notes and have a test on it. I did not learn much that year, because I only memorized the material so that year in my English class I felt really behind because I did not really know what I was doing. Most pople don't learn well just by memorizing the material, because you will not be able to remember it later on. I learn better in a class where the teacher tries their best to relate the information to our lives and gives plenty of examples that are interesting to the students.
                              All my mathematics teachers have pretty much used the method of education by memorization and I think this method is ok for this specific subject. When we were little kids, we memorized the basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division tables and we have used these tables our whole lives. This is the method of study.

No comments:

Post a Comment